Search This Blog

Sunday, October 07, 2018

Thirty

Dreamt a vivid retrospective yesterday night, after a day spent with the giants of my world. Penned down what I remembered. Needs work.

I was an unteachable boy; the lesson was "Aa rahi Ravi ki savaari". I scored 0.75/30, Rekha ma'am didn't let me quit. Vandana ma'am started remedial lessons.

2006. Arun flew from IIM Calcutta to be beside me; I quit after the Maths paper, but he didn't let me. Aa gayi na Ravi ki savaari :-)

"Thirty!?" I refreshed the page and the portal was down. 387 was the target. Uh oh. I did not expect to make it to... I did not plan for 30.

12 years since in an absurd life.
"How would I fare graded against Olympiad winners?" -> You'll live together, learn together, teach each other, walk together.
"What after graduation?" -> You'll do great work and get rewarded for it.
"What will you lose in doing a PhD?" -> You'll gain a parent.
"What next?" -> You'll do what you love and get rewarded for it.

I did not expect to make it to... I did not plan for 30.

1 comment:

Theoden said...

Written in October 2018, after the Human-centered AI workshop at Stanford.